Listen up! Don’t be caught in a situation where you or someone have become injured and you need a first aid kit – but you don’t have one. Therefore, you should carry one with you every day.
You need one that helps with any unexpected accidents. It must have all the medical tools which are needed to treat the injury then or help you manage the situation until professional assistance is received.
Features of the Best First Aid Kits
Don’t be intimidated when shopping for a first aid kit. We know it determines your family’s health; that’s why we put together a quick checklist to help you identify the best ones.
- The container must protect the contents
- It must provide items for a variety of emergencies
- Does it enable you to reach items quickly?
- Is the size practical for where you’re going to use it?
- Does it allow for customization such as adding prescription medicine?
- Can you stock it once certain items are depleted?
All these features are focused on easy usage and fast reaction when necessary. Let’s see what options you have.
|First Aid Only All-purpose First Aid Essentials||$||4.6/5|
|Surviveware Small First Aid||$$$||4.9/5|
|Protect Life First Aid Kit||$$||4.6/5|
|Be Smart Get Prepared 250 Piece First Aid Kit||$$||4.5/5|
|Coleman First Aid Kit||$$||4.3/5|
|Be Smart Get Prepared 100 Piece First Aid Kit||$||4.4/5|
|2-in-1 First Aid Kit (120 Piece) + Bonus 32-Piece Mini First Aid Kit||$$||4.9/5|
|First Aid Kit – 163 Piece Waterproof Portable Essential Injuries & Red Cross Medical Kit||$||4.5/5|
|First Aid Kit Hard Red Case 326 Pieces Exceeds OSHA and ANSI Guideline||$$$||4.6/5|
|First Aid Kit Emergency Response Trauma Bag Complete||$$$||4.4/5|
Best First Aid Kits Reviews
Take a look at these first aid kits. The one suited for you will have everything your unique circumstances require. What are your family’s most important medical needs?
First Aid Only All Purpose First Aid Essentials Kit
If you’re looking for an all-purpose item, this is it. The first aid kit contains your recommended medications, treatments, bandages and other tools and supplies.
The medication includes those things you need to relieve headaches or treat insect bites. Other ointments are provided for scratches or burns you may incur. The bandages and dressings consist off all you need to treat wounds and not let any bacteria cause infections. The bandages and dressings come in various sizes which are appropriate for the different body parts that could get injured. These include:
There are some fabric bandages in the set that better wrap around areas that are more curved.
But wounds aren’t your only concern, right? What’s a first aid kit without a variety of needed tools and supplies? The additional items which are in this first aid kit include:
- Finger splint
- First aid tape roll
- Vinyl gloves
- Mole skin squares
- Emergency blanket
- Cotton tip applicators
- Instant cold compress
- One time use thermometer
- Plastic tweezers
Included in the kit is a first aid guide. This guide gives a thorough breakdown of all the essentials within the first aid kit. The guide also advises on how to apply different items so that you don’t worsen the injury.
The kit is a perfect addition to your car, home, boat or backpack. The different supplies are well packaged to ensure no tampering before usage. The kit has multiple sections for the different medical supplies; this helps you find what you need faster so you can take care of the injury quicker.
And never get caught with an empty kit. You can replace items when they expire or when there isn’t much left. Many items are available at your local store or pharmacy. Now you can be confident any medical emergency can be handled effectively.
- Protective vinyl bag
- 299 essential medical supplies
- Practical for car, home or backpack
- First aid guide included
- Store bought items will fit in compartments
- Dimensions of the kit: 9 1/4’’ × 7 1/2’’ × 2 7/8’’
- You don’t need to replace the different supplies often because the kit contains large amounts of each item
- The case is tough which protects some sensitive supplies from damage
- Supplies that will eventually expire will last at least a year
- The first aid kit may contain dated items. You need to check the date of the individual items that expire and replace them before storing the kit
- The cold compress can suddenly burst within a couple of uses
- The cold compress can be difficult to activate, and it doesn’t get ice cold as desired
Surviveware Small First Aid Kit
Don’t let the risk of minor injuries slow down your active lifestyle. This kit can help you manage almost anything. You have most of the medical supplies you need to treat scratches, cuts or burns. Over and above that you’ll also get a breathing mask, emergency blanket and gloves for you to treat someone.
There is a total of 100 basic lifesaving items. This first aid kit is a perfect carry on when you:
For any outdoor activity it makes sense to keep this kit close at hand.
For your own safety, the kit also includes a whistle. The whistle is loud and can surely get the attention of those near you to help with your serious injury.
There are MOLLE compatible straps incorporated into the bag’s design. This allows you to attach the kit to your backpack or your belt. As the kit is light you won’t feel tired even when you carry the kit for hours during your outdoor adventure.
The inside of the bag is organized to ensure you don’t waste time looking for a supply when there is a crisis. Each inner sleeve is labeled according to its function. When you’re pressured to attend to a wound, you can find what you need quickly. And the scissors are sharp enough to cut through clothing or seatbelts.
You don’t need to mix your own prescription medication with the others. There is a separate zip lock section for your own additional medication. No mix ups will happen and you’ll find your special medication quickly when you need it.
The inside is spacious, so you can add your own other medical supplies you think you or your family may need.
- 100 items available
- Quality tools such as scissors
- Allows for personalization such as personal medicine
- Polyester bag
- Waterproof lining
- Weighs 1 lb.
- Measures 5.5’’ × 7.5’’ × 3.5’’
- Ideal for travel and hiking
- The labels are integrated which help a beginner understand the purposes of the different medical supplies
- A guide is supplied with the first aid kit to give descriptions and explain applications of the medical supplies
- Everything is laid out neatly to help you recognize what you need quickly
- The medical supplies run out quickly because there aren’t many duplicates
- The tourniquet is slightly flimsy
- The bag is quite small, and it will be difficult to close it if you add more medical supplies
Protect Life First Aid Kit
You don’t want to pay for items you won’t use, right? This Protect Life First Aid Kit has all the medical tools most needed by the public without unnecessary extras.
In summary the kit contains:
- CPR mask
- Instant ice pack
- Band aids
- Other tools such as scissors and metal tweezers
You’re encouraged to hike, camp or hunt with this first aid kit. The one tool you definitely will have great use of for these activities is the mini compass. This is completely reliable and will help you get back to base camp in case you’re lost.
There is also a disposable raincoat included in the kit. This is an essential item if you ever get cold or wet when you camp. The emergency blanket is an alternative item you can use. It’s practical in reflecting body heat back to the body.
The small kit can easily be stored in places that give you quick access to it. You can be prepared for any accident if you store this kit in your car, home and/or purse.
The medical pieces with expiry dates such as ointments have great lifespans. They’ll last over a year from the time of purchase. When a piece is expired or depleted you can replace it easily. This way you can keep using the same kit for years.
All the tools are manufactured inside an FDA-approved facility. All items in the bag and itself are completely safe to use.
The kit is also a fine companion to have if you live in an area where natural disasters can happen such as:
It’s believed that many different professionals—who have medical certifications—enjoy everything that this kit has to offer. Their professions range from life guard to EMT. So if you’re a teacher or construction worker you can also benefit greatly from this kit as those professionals do.
- 150 medical items combined in one bag
- Weighs 1 lb.
- Size: 8.3’’ × 5.9’’ × 2.4’’
- Compass and raincoat included making it ideal for travel or outdoor use
- There are two handles incorporated in the design making transport and carrying easy
- The flexible kit fits well in most confined spaces
- The tools are strong and extremely durable
- The bag is too small. Larger replacement medical supplies won’t fit well in the bag
- The kit and some of the items are not waterproof which increases the chance of water damage
- Certain emergencies can’t be handled by the limited number of items in the kit
Be Smart Get Prepared 250 Piece First Aid Kit
You often find first aids kits are mostly suited for one person. These types of first aid kits are impractical because either:
- There are not enough duplicates
- There are more than one person who is injured
If you’re in a profession where you can benefit greatly from a large first aid kit then this is the best match for you.
There are 250 pieces of the best first aid treatment products. The pieces include:
- Rubber and fabric bandages
- Medical gloves
- Rubbing alcohol
The inside of the kit has compartments which help you keep all the supplies organized. This helps you react better in an emergency because you don’t waste time looking for what you need.
The kit can withstand rough use. Its case is rugged, sturdy and made from a hard plastic. With this case, even fragile items are protected.
If you want to store the kit in your home or office, you can with ease. Sometimes there isn’t any space inside closets. The kit’s design has a handy wall mount feature. You can hang the kit on the wall for added visibility and easier access.
The slide latch feature ensures the kit is secured shut when it’s not in use. The slide latch design is also smart because it’s easier for you to open and close the lid during emergencies.
This first aid kit is a perfect addition to luggage if you want to travel or go on holiday. You can store it under the car’s seat while you travel. Alternatively, you can also keep the kit with you when you watch your kids play sports. Scratches and cuts can occur, so you need a disinfecting cream on hand to prevent any infections.
- Size: 8’’ × 10’’ × 3’’
- 250 pieces
- Light to carry
- Easy-to-use latch design
- Clearly labelled contents
- Impact-resistant container
- Wall-mount feature
- All the medical items and tools work extremely well
- It can easily be mounted on the wall
- It’s lightweight to carry especially for outdoor camping
- The case is not waterproof. If it’s submerged in water the inner supplies will get damaged
- The case is not as strong as expected as it can chip or crack. The locking mechanism can break easily
- There are some items that are not useful in emergency situations
Coleman First Aid Kit
You need a first aid kit that carries those essential items which are useful when you camp, hike or go on extended holidays. You can even store it in your home or office. This could be your answer.
The kit contains the most commonly used items such as:
- Latex-free bandages
- First aid tape
- Sting relief
- Antiseptic towels
- Antibiotic ointment
- Gauze pads
- Cold pack
- Nitrile exam gloves
Coleman created the EZ find system for the kit. In essence, everything is organized and highly visible for you to quickly access what you need. This system also lets you track which supplies are running low, so you know when to buy more stock.
The case is robust and compact, so it can easily fit inside a sports bag, car, or backpack.
The kit has everything you need to assist emergencies occurring in large groups of people or when you’re far away from medical services. The medical supplies are practical to treat minor scratches, burns or cuts.
This first aid kit is especially useful when you and family members play sports. You’ll find everything that you need to treat grass burns.
The items are labeled for you to quickly identify and grab the item you need to treat someone. The packets where most of the medical items are stored are semi-durable. Water droplets seeping into the kit won’t cause massive damage to the medical supplies.
The inside is divided by two thick plastic dividers. These plastic dividers also protect the items from water damage and keep them in place while in transit.
The inside of the kit is spacious. If there are other medical supplies, you wish to carry in the kit you can. When you add more items into the kit, it will still close well and not tear at the seams. You can keep this semi durable case for almost a life time. You need to only replace supplies that have depleted.
- Size: 7.75’’ × 6’’ × 2.75’’
- 205 items
- EZ find system makes for easy usage
- Allows space for your personal medicine
- Flexible bag
- Easy to stock with store bought items
- The case is flexible and can be stored easily in small bags
- The kit is well organized for easy access. You can also easily access what you need because the compartments are not too narrow
- There are different sized band aids which make it easier to aptly tend to different body part
- The kit predominately carries small band aids. There is no rubbing alcohol that is needed for burns and scratches
- The band aids’ and tape’s adhesive is not strong enough to stay in place for long
Do you know yet which first aid kit to purchase? Each situation is unique, but we advise you to consider the Coleman First Aid Kit. With this, you have the flexibility to add your own items. If you’re reliant on prescription medicine, this is an essential feature. You don’t want to experience the fear of not having the medication that could save your life, right? And we love how its EZ find system helps you assist swiftly.